Welcome to gmshadowtraders.com
Global Macro Shadow Traders offers cutting-edge economic analysis for the fund management industry, financial institutions and corporations worldwide. As an independent macroeconomic research consultancy our main task is to come up with innovative ways to model the pure dynamic economy.
The objectives of the site have changed somewhat since we first started in 2011 as a simple blog. The site was originally geared towards providing systematic models for tactical asset allocation and strategically trading the global financial markets. Our outlook on the markets has, however, been continuously influenced by the events which stemmed from the crisis of 2008 and the unfolding depression which has now taken hold.
Today Global Macro Shadow Traders is seeking to build a complete model of the financial markets with a macro theme overlay to improve the accuracy of all economic forecasts. We use historical time series analysis and proprietary econometric forecasting tools designed to exploit our results. To generate stable returns with low risk at all times is the goal of all applied research and we are no different. Our philosophy however is.
Please explore the website
- All posts, galleries, videos and site content are accessible to subscribers. Please register for a free initial trial.
- This site is designed around 4 main views which dynamically change the structure of the site according to whichever view you are in.
- Our Research posts (under RESEARCH) discuss the latest developments in the economic, political and financial spheres. The intuition behind the overall forecasting method is found in these posts. Detailed notes on the main trading strategy (including the econometric method) will be made available over time. Please contact us for more details.
- The Guest Writers’ posts (under WRITERS) display the posts of subscribers who have sent in their views and research ideas. We are always interested in sharing research ideas and to seek a better understanding of the global economy.
- The Article Summaries (under ARTICLES) are ‘snippets’ of current and past news, rearranged to make it easier for the viewer to understand the deeper meaning behind the data and headlines.
- The Video Summaries (under VIDEOS) are ‘snippets’ of current and past news, rearranged to make it easier for the viewer to understand the deeper meaning behind the data and headlines.
- Additional resources are found in the Gallery.